MXDC - The Mexican Professionals Network is a volunteer-run, non-profit, non-partisan, inclusive organization that fosters the principle of collaboration. The mission of MXDC is to organize and strengthen the community of highly-qualified Mexican professionals in the Greater Metropolitan Area of Washington, DC.
Our objectives are:
- Promote the professional and personal development of its members.
- Serve as a networking platform and reference point for the professional Mexican diaspora and Friends of Mexico.
- Act as a vehicle for Mexicans abroad to contribute to the social, political, and economic development of Mexico.
MXDC proudly serves as the Washington, DC Chapter of the Red Global de Mexicanos, a global network of Mexican diaspora organizations.
MXDC is a nonprofit corporation formed with the purpose:
- To deliver charitable relief to Mexican communities living in the United States;
- To promote a fair and accurate image of Mexican living and working lawfully in the United States;
- To empower individuals to find, promote and develop new and existing business opportunities, as well as offer training opportunities and a shared, common platform that advances collaboration, networking and the exchange of information;
- To educate and engage individuals in order to identify and address issues that affect the community of professionals of Mexican descent in the United States;
- To create programs and projects that showcase the cultural richness, diversity and history of Mexico, as well as the positive and lasting impacts that Mexico's migration and other ties have had on the United States; and
- To establish formal and informal forums that foster the development of relationships between individuals of Mexican descent in the United States, Mexicans in Mexico and other countries, as well as “Friends of Mexico” defined as individuals of other nationalities that have an affinity for Mexico.
Meet the Team
MXDC is a volunteer-based organization. The Core Team is in charge of leading MXDC, managing its Steering Committee, and ensuring MXDC fulfills its mission and purpose. The Steering Committee leads the volunteers and assists the Core Team in executing MXDC’s mission and purpose.
Ana Isabel Abad
Director of Operations
Mentorship Porgram Coordinator
Former Team Members
Director of Projects (2019)